Saturday, September 10, 2011

Showered with Love

Tomorrow is my sister-in-law's  baby shower!  Many blessings and happiness to Mommy, Daddy and Baby Girl.  :)

Kim gets itchy with wool so I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice for these items.



I found this hat pattern some time ago and was just waiting for a lil girl that I could make it for.  The flower is crocheted, and truthfully I did not make it, my Mom did.  Thanks Mom!


I was looking for a simple baby sweater pattern and I found Theodora on Ravelry.  Although I like the stripes, I opted to make it all solid color to go with the hat.  However, I will make this again with the stripes someday.  This sweater came together so fast, it was shocking.  I started it on a Wednesday night, and was done in less than a week.  (That pesky thing called "life" got in the way, otherwise I'll bet it would've been a 2-day project!)  The buttons are little pink elephants and oh-so-cute.  They were an impulse buy at Joann Fabrics, I knew that they would "speak to me" and tell me which garment they wanted to be a part of.

I've had so much fun making these things.  And having two boys, it is such a pleasure to knit for a baby girl!

No comments: