Friday, July 8, 2011

Abracadabra! Sleeves.

I've gotten pretty far on the Ditto.  I wrapped up the bottom half of the sweater, and tonight I finished the sleeves.  For starting on June 6th, this is going at lightning speed!  

The bottom half of the cardigan body, with two sleeves on holders above.  

It's been a ridiculously stressful couple of weeks with a lot of things going on that aren't exactly blog-friendly.  I've been happy to have this sweater to work on at night while watching The Big Bang Theory.  Which, by the way, wasn't a show that I expected to enjoy.  But I really do, and so does Brian.  He gets more of the geeky references than I do, but it is extremely well-written and the characters are hilarious.  

And with the finishing of the sleeves....I am going to put this sweater in hibernation for a short while.  This is for two reasons:  1.  the next step is making a yoke and attaching the sleeves somehow.  I haven't quite wrapped my head around just how to do that yet....so I'm mulling it.  and 2.  I need to crank out some baby gifts!  I have several things picked out and well, babies come on a deadline.  Not a hard and fast deadline per se, but in the general vicinity of three in mid-to-late Autumn.  

p.s.  do you want to hear something kind of sick?  I've already chosen my next sweater!  It's called Radiate and it's a longer-sleeve cardigan made out of cotton instead of wool.  Even sicker:  I have the yarn in the house, ten skeins of Cotton Ease in charcoal.  Now, I didn't buy it for this sweater in particular.  I bought it last summer for a different pattern that I decided against last minute.  Every knitter (and crocheter too) is always dreaming about their next project.  This one however....not until after the holidays.  I'm sick, but not that sick!  

No comments: