Monday, May 11, 2009

Working on it: Tote Bag

This is definitely my biggest knitting project thus far. I am working on this tote bag:


Mine is going to be sage and cocoa. It consists of making two panels of twenty-one stripes each. Then you sew the two panels together, and knit a handle. Then you sew on the knitted handle, and felt the bag. Sounds easy, right?


I've completed eleven of the twenty-one stripes on the first panel. I've been working on it on-and-off for about a month. (Slow and steady wins the race!) I can't get it to stop curling at the bottom though, and I'm told the only way that's going to go away is when I sew the bottom of the panels together. It's looking nice, if I do say so myself!



2 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Loving it!

MLE said...

I wish I could knit with fibers that felt. The only animal fiber I'm not allergic to is alpaca - and that's really expensive to knit with! Can't wait to see your finished product :)