Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Book #3--The House on Mango Street

I finished this book in a flash, because it is very short. It's a well-written short story about a girl that's living in a neighborhood that she doesn't feel is her own, and how she wants to escape it one day and be something bigger. It held my interest, though I didn't care much for the author's style of writing. The entire book is broken down into "short stories" that follow the above theme. Some of these sections are as short as a paragraph or two. If these "chapters" had been woven together, it might have been easier to follow.

I am not sure what my next book is going to be on The New Classics Challenge. I am having some trouble getting my other three choices at the library, and I am trying really hard to not buy any books in order to save money. When you love books like I do, the money starts to add up and so does the clutter in your house!

2 comments:

joanna said...

Hmmm... I've heard different things about this one... I love the title though so I'm sure I'll get to it! :-)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good book. I seem to be spending too much on books lately. Wanna do a book swap..well if I have any you wanna read.

Kristen