Friday, January 27, 2017

Those Pink Hats

On January 20th, Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president.  And on January 21st, there were Womens' Marches to protest Donald Trump being President.  It may have been a "women's march" but over 4 million men, women and children attended the main march in DC, and 600 sister marches all over the country.

Women and their pink hats....pink hats with cat-like ears everywhere!  This was thanks to the Pussyhat Project.   I'm proud to say that I knit two of these hats, and gave them to a friend who went to DC. She gave the hats to friends and then tagged me on Facebook so I could see who got them and they thanked me.  And I'm still making them for anyone who's asked....I've got one off the needles to mail to Rhode Island, and then two to go to Virginia and two more to local friends.  Hey, it's what I can do to help the cause.  I may not be able to go to marches, but I support those that do, and will knit my fingers off to help the cause!

No comments: