Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Milestone


Say hello to baby hat #250!





Sean turned seven earlier this month.  I started these little hats as a way to "give back" for the blessing that I received in him.  (I did something different for Will, I collected baby food for charity)  In the first year, I made fifty hats to commemorate his birth, and at the time I was sending them to Stitches from the Heart, a California-based charity that collected handcrafted baby hats and blankets and distributed them all over the country.  They closed their doors a few years ago, and someone told me about Project Nathaniel.  It is a local woman that collects baby items in honor of her grandson Nathaniel, that passed away soon after being born.  AND the items go to the hospital that my boys were born in, every July!  I'm honored and happy to help the hospital that was so good to us.

So that's 250 little heads that I've helped warm up.  These little hats knit up quickly, and really make you feel like you're accomplishing something, both knit-wise and life-wise.  Here's to the next 250!

No comments: