Thursday, September 19, 2013

No Interventions, Yet


Reason #2,988 of why my husband rocks.  Not only did he install the shelves while I was at Knit Meetup last night, he didn't give me any flak about how much yarn I have.  Nope...the only comment he made was "Honey, you have enough to open your own small yarn shop."  But he doesn't really bat an eyelash over it.  He's used to it.  We've been together a long time and he's quite supportive of my yarn habit.  It's one of the many reasons why I'm glad that we've been together fifteen years.    A friend of mine recently got out of a relationship and started dating someone new.  She really likes the guy and he sounds great.  He even offered to take her to a yarn shop when they were out one day...and she said no thanks.  At first I was like "You said what??"  But she had a good point:  You don't reveal that much "crazy" at the beginning of a relationship!  :)

I'm with the Yarn Harlot on this concept of "stash."  I used to feel a bit guilty about it and well, now I don't.  I'm particularly proud of it, I could sit in here for hours and sort thru the bins, coming up with ideas.  If I was a painter, you'd expect brushes and paint.  A musician, sheet music and instruments.  I'm a knitter.  I have a crapload of yarn.  AND I knit twelve miles last year, and ten miles the year before that.  Not going to break the record this year, I'm just under seven miles.  I'm a big knitting geek, figuring all that out.  :)    Every one of those bins on the top shelf are full.  And so are the bags, the drawers, etc.  It's been a long time coming, in creating this kind of stash.  And truthfully, I really like it.  Very much.

No comments: