Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Little Showcase

So you already know that we moved this summer.  So let's see what else I was up to....knit-wise of course.  :)

 Hitchhiker.  My friend Maureen and I started this as a knit-a-long.  I call this "The Project I didn't mean to make" because I wasn't looking to cast on something else at the time!  But she fell in love with some Malabrigo sock yarn and well, when I saw the pattern I needed to make one, too.

 You may remember some time ago that I made a Virginia Shawl for myself in a dark pink/magenta colorway.  Well, my mother's middle name is Virginia, so I felt that she needed one, too.  I fell in love with this burnt orange colorway at the tent sale at Webs in May.  That happens to be one of her favorite colors.


 A razor shell lace scarf, for Will's afterschool and summer teacher, Miss Tripp.  This yarn was leftovers from a cowl a few years ago.  The pattern is from "One Skein Wonders."  I may go back and make another one for me someday.


Another "thing" that I jumped in and cast on.  I rarely buy knitting pattern books, I "test drive" them at the library instead.  This came out of "60 more baby knits," which is relatively new.  It was love at first sight....I ordered a copy on Amazon before I was even halfway through this sweet moss stitch cap.  This one is going to go to Stitches from the Heart in December.   



 Dishcloths!  Lately I'm a bit obsessed with them, and can't seem to make it out of Walmart without buying some more cotton to make more!  They will make great little Christmas pressies with a bottle of Meyer dish soap.  



Baby sweater and matching cap for my friend Jenny, who had her daughter S. on August 16th,.  I am pretty proud of how this turned out!


Lastly, I started a pair of adult-sized socks for little ol' me.  I haven't worked on them recently, as there's no deadline.


So what's next?  There's always something!  I've got a cowl for a Christmas gift and another for a birthday gift, a sweater for a little boy turning ONE this winter, and some things for my immediate family.  Also, I'm going to try something I've never done:  knitting a few things on commission.  I was approached twice in one day, for a brimmed hat and a toddler sweater.  Why not give it a shot?


No comments: