Thursday, August 12, 2010

Birds and Bees: A Primer

I got home  late last night and Will and Sean were already in bed.  Will had just gone down, so I went in to kiss him good night.   We had quite the interesting conversation:

Will:  "Mommy, remember when Baby Sean was in your belly?"

Me:  "Yes Honey, I do."  (cause who could forget THAT, especially so quickly?)  "Did you know that you were once in my belly too?"

Will:  "I was???  At the same time as Baby Sean?"

Me:  "no, not quite.  You're the big brother, so you were there before Baby Sean."

Will:  "Mommy?  When will I get to have a baby in MY belly?"

Me:  "Well....you see Will, you probably won't ever have a baby in your belly.  Because you are a boy.  Girls are the ones that usually have a baby in their belly."

Will:''Well, Mommy.....I'm going to turn you into a boy.  And I'm going to turn me into a girl!"  "Waves his "magic wand"  "Bzzzt.  Now you're a boy, and I'm a girl!  And I have a baby in my belly!"

Remind me to try this conversation again sometime.  Like in a few years.

2 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

Anything you wanna tell us?!?!?

Crafty Mama said...

Nope. We're pretty happy with two right now :) It was just an odd conversation he brought up all on his own.