Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just Call me Grace

I saw the doctor last week and they're concerned about my weight and blood pressure. So I've been told again to start exercising, and to eat small healthful meals and to get some downtime. Over the weekend we snapped up a WiiFit at Target. I thought that it would make getting some exercise fun.

It is fun! However, it's not nice. When it took my measurements and told me in its little squeaky voice "Oh, you're obese!" I wasn't a happy camper. But I guess the truth is easier to take in that cute little voice, because I didn't feel like smashing it. Anyway, the exercises are fun, with headbutting soccer balls and doing "step aerobics." I don't think I'm quite up to the yoga poses yet.

Fast-forward to the second night, when I fell off the thing while doing step aerobics and trying to avoid Will, who was running in circles around me and yelling "Stomp, Stomp!!" Then I hurt my ankle trying to run in place. Running soooo is not my exercise. I woke up last night in tears, with a familiar burning ache in my back. Guess who's re-injured her back?? Yep, me. It's not as bad as last time but it really does hurt a lot, and I'm the walking dead today from not gettting any sleep. It took four Advil and the heating pad to get back to sleep.

So for the next couple of days I'll be healing, taking it easy and indulging in an activity I've dubbed "WiiQuit:" lounging on the couch after Will's gone to bed, flipping through primetime TV and maybe eating a little ice cream. Do I know how to party, or what?? :)

No comments: