Monday, January 19, 2009

No Snooze for Me

It's Monday night, and it's back to work tomorrow......just got back today from a nice trip to Philly to visit my in-laws. We had a great time!

I didn't sleep well while in the City of Brotherly Love, but managed to sleep part of the drive back. (I usually sack out in the beginning, through southern Jersey.) And now.....instead of being able to sleep my mind is racing. Instead of sleeping I'm thinking of things like the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich. What I'm going to do for lunch tomorrow since I'll be on the road most of the day. How I'd really like to get my eyebrows waxed soon. That I should definitely find some time to clean the bathrooms this week. Feeling slightly guilty for making plans with friends this weekend. How those sweet potato muffins are really going to taste in the morning. That I am long overdue for some new work clothes. Oops, I forgot to leave myself a post-it to remember to turn off the towel-warmer in the bathroom. How a towel-warmer, a gift, is not something I'd ever ask for myself but is really a treat in the winter cold. That my hip is throbbing. Did I get enough fluids today? I wonder how many application requests and pissed-off applicants I'll have tomorrow? Oh yeah, "Sesame Street Live" this weekend!! I'm not looking forward to getting a cavity filled on Wednesday. I wonder if my friend Lexi has gone into labor yet!

I wish I could turn all that off and get some much-needed rest!! :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the Evanovich novels I get into the mindset that I could spy on people or attack bad guys. Luckily, I haven't acted on anything!