Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Miss with Football Fans...

I pass a restaurant on my way to and from work every day. It's not a chain restaurant, it's more of a deli I guess. I'm never sure if they're still in business. Sometimes they advertise specials on a message board in the parking lot, usually standard fare like fish and chips or their specials. But most of the time, from the street it looks dark and like there's no patrons. Well, in driving by yesterday, I read their specials and not only did I understand WHY they were going to close someday, I laughed all the way to the daycare!

In big letters on the menu board: "Football Playoff Platters! Broccoli and Cottage Cheese."

Firstly, Ewwwww!!!! Secondly, I'm surprised they're offering a football playoff special. They must not be Pats fans, because most Pats fans think the Superbowl has been cancelled this year because their team's not in it. (That was the way it was with the World Series, for sure!) And lastly, even the most health-conscious of pigskin fans knows that that's not playoff foods! When you think "Football Party" you're not perusing crudites and steamed fish. You're thinking beer! Nachos! Potato skins and buffalo wings! Chili!

With a menu like cottage cheese and broccoli, it's only a matter of time until the shutters are closed. Maybe someone will tell them. :)

2 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

love cottage cheese & broccoli but not combined. ew.

asplashofsunshine said...

that is something i'd see in berkeley or san francisco, all served with a side of flax seed.