Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Will-isms

I thought I'd treat my reader(s) to some of the things that Will has been saying the past couple of weeks. Some of them make me laugh and amazed at the fact that he is just two years old. Others make me annoyed, but still are entertaining (after the initial shock wears off and he's sitting in his room, "thinking about what he said or did."


I was putting on my makeup yesterday morning in getting ready for work. Will comes into the bathroom and tells me not to put on my "monster mask." Ahh!

If there's something he doesn't want to do, he tells me it's dangerous. "Will, time to change your diaper?" "uh-uh. No change diaper, it's dangerous!" As if the word "dangerous" automatically is a free pass out of a diaper change!


He was talking about a "raider" the other day while we were playing with his Doodle-Pro drawing board. I said "Ok, I can draw a raider." I drew a stick figure (I have mad drawing skills!) wearing a helmet with two horns standing next to a ship. He said "Mommy, that's not a raider. That's a viking!" (yes, he really is just two years old.)

Here's the smarmy one: he is starting to throw a fit and sometimes slap or push me/Brian when he doesn't get his way. So we automatically put him in his room for a time-out. I come back ten minutes later and he has the sweetest "Sorry" face and apologizes. I forgive him, and then he smiles slyly and comes out with "I pushed the button. You're not angry anymore!"

No comments: