Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Journey


Our family has a new car!

After some deliberating for a few weeks, hemming and hawing about what my Ford Escape was worth for trade-in, weighing the idea of driving with two kids (and occasionally a dog) we headed to the dealership. We knew what we did want and certainly what we didn't. I did NOT want a minivan--I know how convenient they are and the bells and whistles that they come with, but I just couldn't get over the stigma.

Enter the Dodge Journey. It's a "crossover vehicle" which is automaker speak for "SUV on the outside, minivan on the inside." (that's my translation, anyway!) It seats seven, is ultra-quiet, lots of storage and "stash space" and drove like a dream! We picked it up last night. Will's pretty distraught that we no longer have a "blue" car but I'm sure he'll like the silver eventually, too. And bells and whistles---remote start, all of the seats fold flat, a place to dock your iPod in the glove box, and a one-year free subscription to Sirius Radio!

May we have this for many years....I'm super-excited.




3 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

I think you should be hired on their marketing team. :)

CraftyMomof3 said...

WhooHoo! I may have to get me one of those.....Scott can have the Stratus! :)

adventures in rhode island said...

awesome!! not a minivan, i hear you on that one!! very cool car.