Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sew Fun

I am a great procrastinator. I can make ANYTHING go on forever and not get anything done on it.

Right now my best record is five years. I received a sewing machine as a Christmas present five years ago. A Christmas present that *I* asked for! I picked a nightshirt pattern for my first project, and I spent an afternoon with my mom, who is a great seamstress, cutting out the fabric and getting it pinned together. That's it, that's where I stalled. Upon cleaning out my basement about a month ago, I found the pinned pieces in a plastic bag, anticipating the day that I would sew them together. Guess what---that nightshirt isn't even in a size that I wear anymore!

So it's time. It's time that I find a new sewing project and do it. I'm envious of anyone that knows how to sew, and I just know I can do it! I just need to take the time to do it. It's time to try a new hobby. I have the book, I have the desire....now I just need to put it all together.

1 comment:

asplashofsunshine said...

I'll be damned if you start sewing TOO! Stop making all of other mommies look bad... haaaaa! Have fun with it. Wish I was the one to help ya. No way, I don't have the patience to sew.