Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Stop the Holiday Insanity!

It happens every year.

No matter how prepared I am, no matter what I do to ward it off.

Knitter's Holiday Curse.  There simply aren't enough hours in a day to finish chewing what we've bitten off in terms of "accomplishable" knitting goals before Zero Hour.

This year, I'm saying "screw it!" And not giving in to the clammy palms, heart racing "I just spent the day wrapping gifts and now I'm going to knit til 1:00 AM and STILL not finish" feeling.

Well, that last part was only true one year.  And do you know what?  I ran out of yarn towards the finish line of that scarf, and I never finished it.  In fact, it is still on needles in a drawer.  The world didn't stop, and nobody died.  The intended recipient didn't throw down her gift after she unwrapped it and demand the handknits that she deserves.

I have most of the holiday knitting done, except for what I want to make my immediate family.  So tonight, I crossed two gifts right out of the Ravelry queue.  Because as the Yarn Harlot says, "A book makes a nice gift, too."

There.  I'm feeling better and less overwhelmed already.  :)

1 comment:

MLE said...

I end up biting off more than I can chew every. single. year. This year, I'm behind on baby projects as it is so I think I'm going to keep the holiday knitting to an absolute minimum. Because you're right; other gifts besides handknitted items exist!