Friday, September 21, 2012

Harry Potter Redux


22.  Read the Harry Potter series (9/17/12)

I finished the seventh Harry Potter book on Monday night.  And I bawled my eyes out.  These were such great books, I wish I'd discovered them sooner.  I never saw myself enjoying "Fantasy" books but I really, really did!  And words do not express how BUMMED I am that there's no more to read.  This is honestly the first time in my life that I've regretted getting books from the library instead of purchasing a copy.  (Which is of course easily remedied.)  I don't know if I could pick a favorite.  I really liked #4 with the Tri-Wizard Championship, but #7 was incredible.  I haven't felt this strongly about a series in an incredibly long time.

The only complaint I have?  The epilogue in #7.  I won't spoil it for anyone...but it left me wanting more.  There's so many details that I wanted to know, and it was so far into the future.  I know I'm not the only person that feels this way, either.

At least I still have 6 movies to placate me.  And the third one just came in from Netflix yesterday!

2 comments:

Sara Marks said...

Cedric Diggory will be the perfect man forever... #4 remains my favorite in the series to this day.

Anonymous said...

I felt this way when I finished the Twilight series! I was totally surprised that I enjoyed the series in the first place, because it's so far out of my norm...but I was genuinely sad when they were all over. (At least the Harry Potter movies don't suck...the Twilight movies are lame, in my opinion.) When I find library books that I'm totally in love with, I figure it just gives me an excuse to hunt them down at my local favorite used book store... ;-)