Thursday, August 14, 2014

For the Sake of Posterity

Hubby had to go to work today for 7AM, meaning that I was on duty for BOTH kids this morning.  Up early, showered and dressed.  Lunches made, kids up and eating breakfast without incident.  Kids were cheerful and compliant; no whining, arguing, fighting about whose turn it is to brush their teeth.  Even managed to start a load of laundry and get it in the dryer before I left, AND load the dishwasher.  Nothing forgotten, no second (or third!) trips into the house for forgotten glasses and snacks, or beloved Weegee the Blanket.  Hugs and kisses all around, drop-offs went well and I got to work at 9:03am.

Am I bragging?  No.  This post is just going to serve as a reminder.  That for all of the mornings that I've had a huge mess to contend with (baby poop, dog vomit) can't-find-my-left-sneaker crises, kids fighting over one looking at the other "funny", missing the bus, etc etc  that these mornings CAN and DO exist!  And that they should be relished whenever they show up, because baby, these are rare.



No comments: