Saturday, February 11, 2012

Music to My Ears.

It's a busy Saturday, with errands, cleaning and the usual running around.  For the first time in over...oh I don't know how long....we all slept through the night! So that made all the running around a lot easier, though my sleep debt is still pretty high so I feel groggy.

Will was a lucky kid today, he got to go out on errands and spend time alone with first Dad, and then Mom today!  Daddy took him to BJ's for some staples, and he came home really excited.  "Mommy!  Did you know that you can eat a little bit of EVERYTHING in BJ's before you buy it?  I had a little cheeseburger, and some hot dogs with mustard.  And guess what?  I like mustard now!"  Ah.....so he's been introduced to the food samples.  And he likes mustard.....he is such a picky eater that if BJ's food samples got him to try something new, then I'm pretty stoked about it.

Later on, Will and I went to the library.  I had a bagful of overdue books, and a couple books on hold.  We spent about half an hour browsing books in the children's room, and he sat on the floor "reading" a book about the dentist.  We took another big bag of books home, including two DVD's of The Wiggles.  As we were walking out the door to the parking lot he said with a big smile and a satisfied sigh "Mom?  I LOVE the library.  Everything about it.  I love the books, the movies, the librarians.  Well, maybe not the parking.  But everything else.  I could just stay here all day!

Music to my ears.  I'm so glad to be raising a kid that loves the library as much as I do!

No comments: