Monday, January 24, 2011

Tastebud Turnover

Since 11/12/10:  I am now down a total of twelve pounds.  I can take off some of my pants without unbuttoning them, and a sweater that used to fit is now getting loose at the shoulders.  (And leaving more bare skin than desired, so no more wearing it to work!)  I feel really, really good.  Radiant, almost. 

I'm more than halfway through the exercise module of the program, and I'll admit it, it hasn't been my favorite.  We were introduced to strength training and I enjoyed that, but didn't like the soreness the next day in my neck and left shoulder.  Let's face it though, if you don't exercise and then start one day, the first one or two times might not feel so great in the morning.  I'm finding it difficult to schedule exercise time in an already busy day, but it IS possible. 

The big surprise in all of this lifestyle change, non-diet stuff is my tastebuds.  I find that when I do indulge in the sugary stuff I used to love, I want less of it.  I'm totally fine with not having ice cream every night while watching TV, which I thought I would never be able to get past.  I drink only diet soda for the most part, saving regular for a special occasion.  For example, I was at a get-together on Saturday night with some girlfriends, and I had two cans of Coke.  (After all, I was driving.)  It tasted good, but it certainly didn't make me FEEL GOOD! 

Then there's the simple joys in food that I never found before.  Like, I just had the sweetest Minneola orange.  It was perfect, the ideal balance of sweet and sour citrus.  Now THERE'S something I never thought I'd say, either!

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Yay for you! You're awesome!

adventures in rhode island said...

that is so awesome! very happy for you. :)