Sunday, December 13, 2009

Drumroll.....The Big Boy Bed Has Arrived!

It's Here!  It's Here!

Bob's Furniture delivered Will's big boy bed while I was Christmas shopping.  The furniture guys had the new dresser and trundle bed put together in less than 45 minutes.   Will liked it so much, he asked Daddy if he could nap in it.   And I was worried that he wouldn't like it!

Now I have bittersweet emotions over the whole thing.  I'm thrilled that he likes the new bed, and actually wants to sleep in it.  But now this means that he won't be sleeping in the room next to ours.  There is a bathroom between our rooms, and a door leading from the bathroom to our respective bedrooms so I could peek in on him at night.  I even would sneak in and give him a kiss while he was sleeping, or when he was a baby, watch him sleep.  Now he's on the other side of the house, which feels like the other side of the state.  No more running into our room on weekends, proclaiming "It's morning-time!  Time to wake up!"  Well, he can't open our bedroom door just yet, so that may be short-lived.  Plus I'm happy that once we move all of his belongings into his Big Boy Room we have the nursery back and can start our baby preparations.  Y'know, bringing the crib back upstairs, and washing those tiny baby clothes in Dreft.  And unpacking teeny-tiny diapers and onesies.  I'm looking forward to that part.

But an empty toddler bed tonight.....that might break my heart.  Just a little.

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

It is definitely bittersweet. But just think, it starts all over again in January!!!! :)