Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday: Show and Tell!!

I know that it's Wednesday, but the pictures this week cannot be explained wordlessly. I finished my ornament for my knitting group's ornament swap, and well, I want to brag about it!
The rule was that the ornament had to be handmade, but it didn't have to be from yarn. So I cross-stitched a snowman and turned him into a little ornament to add some cheer to a lucky recipient's Christmas tree. :) Also, I finally used my sewing machine...

Thanks, Mom, for showing me how to do it right!




Cross-stitching the snowman holding some Christmas lights

Finished Cross-Stitch Design



Sewing the fabric back and the cross-stitch front



Turning it right-side out



Hand-finishing the bottom. (My sewing by hand needs some work!)





Voila! The snowman does a practice run adorning my tree.








No comments: